Saturday, August 9, 2014

Serial stuffs

So there are just about four chapters of The Heart of the Kingdom left, which means it'll wrap in serial on October 1 and be available in ebook (and print) on October 15. (It's up for preorder now, btw.) Yay! I'm neck deep in a sequel to it b/c that's what's struck my fancy for some reason. It will not be the serial following Heart, though, and that's what this post is about. I've got two ideas, and am not sure which to pick. That's where you lovely people come in.

Poll time!

Which serial should I write next?

(If the above doesn't work, the poll is visible in the sidebar of the blog. ^^)

So what are these stories about? They might be vaguely familiar to anyone who's been following me since old, old LJ days.

The elemental earth wizards story basically rolls like this. Carter's mother owns a mid-sized earth territory that's under siege by a horrific disease that's killing off the plants in the territory faster than she can fix it. Carter, is a weak earth wizard, so he can't help much, and then a newcomer shows up in town, with more than enough power to overpower the family's weakened grip and steal the territory from them...

The urban fantasy witches rolls like this:  Witch dude has a normal, everyday sort of practice doing magic for hire, when, of all people, an elf shows up looking for a love spell to make his intended fiancĂ©e more palatable (we're rocking the elves Do Not Approve of witch magic shenanigans). And then, b/c I like this trope too damn much, the two of them get (temporarily) stuck physically touching b/c of a spell gone wrong and then shit goes wrong for everyone.

Poll runs through midday Wednesday, at which point I will be kicking into high gear to get the first draft done ASAP. B/c I'm awesome at scheduling.

3 comments:

  1. I can't decideeee, they both sound so good! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well both will be getting written. ^^ It's just a matter of "which one first" rather than "which one," if that helps any. ^^

      Delete
  2. Elemental Earth Wizards <3 I honestly want to read both, but I love characters that start from a position of weakness.

    ReplyDelete