Monday, February 11, 2013

DMCA notices and fun times!

All right, so, B&N directed me to their DMCA email address (DMCANOTICE@Barnesandnoble.com) to further the mission to get my stolen story taken down from their site. I emailed them, and went ahead and issued a DMCA notice to expedite matters. We'll see how long it takes to be removed and/or where it goes from here, but also thought peeps might be curious about the process of issuing a DMCA notice. LT3 has done this in the past to some piracy sites, and I expect B&N will be quicker about removing the stolen works than they were.

Basically you send them the following (I prefaced it by a nice opening asking them to please take it down and thanking them for their help, b/c I play nice at first).


Pursuant to 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A), this communication serves as a statement that:

(1) I am the exclusive rights holder for all works written by me at the following sites:

[link to your work: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2010433/1/Of-the-Spirit-of-the-Forest ]

(2) These exclusive rights are being violated by material available upon your site at the following URL(s):

[link to stolen work: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/spirit-of-the-forest-jj-abrams/1112437491?ean=2940014829342 ]

(3) I have a good faith belief that the use of this material in such a fashion is not authorized by the copyright holder, the copyright holder's agent, or the law;

(4) I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

(5) I may be contacted by the following methods: [email], [phone #], [address]

No comments:

Post a Comment